Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Exursion to Granda

So the weekend before the hustle and bustle of Christmas day, I had several fabulous experiences. I took a day trip to Granada with some girlfriends. We had Kababs, which is basically the Moroccan version of a Chipotle burrito, YUM! We took our Kababs to-go and walked through the Albaicin (the old Moorish quarter) to one of several look-out points where you can see the Alhambra. The Alhambra is palace and fortress complex of Moorish rulers in Granada, that later became a Christian palace. After eating our Kababs and enjoying the view we continued to walk through Granada to several other views, each just as beautiful as the first. We then made the trek to the Alhambra...and let me say it was a trek up a steepe cobble road. It definitely was not for the faint at heart and I am pretty sure if you want to see the magnificant sight you have to take yourself with your own two feet, I did not see one taxi, but then again right now is not the in season for tourism. Definitely bring your own water bottle, so you can fill it up at the various water fountains that bring you fresh water directly from the Sierra Mountains and is some of the best tasing and most refreshing water I have had in my life. After our adventure I learned that Granada means "granite" or "pomegrante," very fitting. It is the gem of southern Spain. I definitely look forward to another, more extended visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment